Adopt a DogScottie Byas
K9 Mill Rescue – Available Dogs
Although the mission for K9 Mill Rescue (K9MR) is to place breeder dogs with our rescue partners, we sometimes have dogs needing homes that do not have a placement yet. These dogs have the same vet care as all dogs passing through our rescue. Any adoptable dog has been evaluated and fully vetted and ready to be adopted into a loving, safe home.
Thanks for wanting to provide a home to a dog in need. All our dogs are spay/neutered; micro chipped, vaccinated, heartworm/fecal tested and treated for illness or injury, if needed, by one of our vet clinics. We do not have a shelter; all our dogs are in loving foster homes with a family.
Thanks very much and if you have any questions please call/email anytime. The adoption approval process is quick and timely.
- Your application will first be sent to an adoption screener to pre-approve your application.
- We will check your vet reference and personal references (Current dogs in the home must be current on vaccinations and neutered/spay).
- We will set up a brief home visit.
- After your application is approved, it will go to the foster parent to setup a meet and greet for the dog of interest.
- If you have seen dogs that interest you please write them in on your adoption application.
- Please do remember that K9 Mill Rescue is solely ran by volunteers, they all have families & pets to take care of as well. So please be patient.
K9MR’s adoption counselor/screener will contact you soon.
We are located in the Dallas/Fort Worth Texas area; our foster homes are located within 3 hours of the Dallas Fort Worth Metroplex. We do not ship dogs so you will need to travel to us to adopt. Out of State adoptions are handled in the same manner. Noting you must travel to meet a dog in our area.
We are passionate about helping breeding dogs retire, break the cycle of addition to the overpopulation crises in our communities, and live out their lives in loving homes.